More on the USCIS public awareness initiative
The USCIS citizenship public awareness initiative had its offical roll-out today, and the website now has a new set of public service announcements (one for TV and a set of radio announcements in English, Spanish, and Chinese) and a set of posters (also in English, Spanish, and Chinese).
The Initiative promotes "awareness of the rights, responsibilities, and importance of United States citizenship, and the free naturalization preparation resources available to permanent residents and immigrant-serving organizations."
Through this effort, USCIS seeks to:
- Increase awareness of the rights, responsibilities, and importance of U.S. citizenship.
- Encourage eligible permanent residents to consider the benefits of U.S. citizenship for themselves and their communities.
- Increase understanding of the naturalization process and requirements.
- Increase awareness of available citizenship preparation resources.
- Educate eligible permanent residents about the steps they can take to apply for citizenship and prepare for the naturalization process.
The initiative will run during the summer across the country on more than 250 radio stations, 400 websites, and through national and local print advertisements, in this first phase of a planned multi-year effort. Messages will run in Spanish, English, Chinese and Vietnamese – languages spoken in the top 10 countries of origin for permanent residents.
See the new ads here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=ed819aba6bcfe210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ed819aba6bcfe210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
Posted: to Citizenship News on Wed, May 25, 2011
Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011