Case Inquiries

some useful information

What do you do if a student asks for help with a citizenship application that seems to be taking too long?

Here's a way to get some information:

1. Check and see what the normal processing times for N-400 applications are at your field office. Use the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page here to find this out: 

(You'll need know when the application was sent to figure out if it's taking longer than it should.)

2. If the case is beyond the normal processing times for your city, you can file an online inquiry at this page:

This should get you some information on what's going on (or a least alert USCIS about the problem.)

NOTE: The same website can be used to report a typographical error on a student's benefit notice or document.